I am raising funds for a homeless shelter and support center in Avdiivka, in the conflict zone of Eastern Ukraine. As a gesture to thank, donors will receive postcards with photographs.
The campaign aims to finance the purchase of food, fridge, washing machine, mattresses, clothes, bedding, towels,repair building's roof and treatment of Elena Pisareva, who is battling cancer even as she keeps the shelter going.
The center was created thanks to funds collected in earlier crowdfunding actions. Lonely women with children, men taken from the street - a total of 12 people live there. If we collect more money it will be possible to create a new space for 30-40 people like them. Importantly, Elena managing the center documents in detail everything bought from rised money [full documentation].
These people gave me hospitality, privacy, love. I lived with them for over two years traveling to the conflict zone - I was implementing a documentary there. I am asking for help on their behalf by continuing the action.
Stills from a reportage commissioned by Polish television and made by Bożydar Pająk aimed at disseminating center activity.
LINK to the reportage (27-39 min)
Postcards with photographs from the Life Goes On (2017-) series showing the everyday life in the conflict zone.
Please select a postcard from the PDF FILE and provide its number and shipping details when making the payment (message to the organizer).
Pigment print on archival paper - Ilford baryta, mounted on dibond in an oak box frame. Work produced in a limited series with a certificate. [85x68cm]
In thanks for donations over PLN 1000 I would like to give my framed works. Please contact: [email protected]
All income from the crowdfunding will be donated to help those vulnerable to the situation in the conflict zone. Peace and Love for you.
media about the initiative:
- 2019 - Kultura u Podstaw - O codziennym funkcjonowaniu w stanie zawieszenia między wojną i codziennością oraz o oddolnych akcjach pomocy; rozmowa z Michałem Sitą,
- 2019 - Przekrój - Kameralnie i w ludzkim tempie - recenzja Miesiąca Fotografii w Krakowie; Joanna Kinowska,
- 2019 - Trójka - Teren Kultura; rozmowa z Agnieszką Obszańską,
- 2018 - Radio Kraków - Wojna to nuda; rozmowa z Anną Piekarczyk i Grzegorzem Barnasikiem,
- 2018 - RMF FM - Na wojnie nie szukam sensacji, interesuje mnie codzienność. I nuda; Rozmowa z Grzegorzem Jasińskim.
- 2019 - GUP Magazine - presentation of Life Goes On project,
- 2018 - British Journal of Photography - Best of 2018: Rafal Milach.
Our users created