Defend the defenders!
Persons who were and are engaged in street protests for women's rights and democracy in Poland - local leaders, organizers, activists and participants - are subject to different forms of harrassment, including state harrassment. Please read more here:
Therefore Polish Women’s Strike organizes and runs different support programmes, that we need the financial means for:
1. Legal assistance for human rights defenders harrassed by the state and fundamentalists' organizations (police inquiries, persecutors' inquiries, court trials for protesting/ activism plus SLAPP lawsuits)
2. Legal assistance for counterstrikes - for assisting persons attacked with smear campaigns run in the goverment media/ press outlets and libel campaigns
3. Parasolki - PWS' social fund "the Umbrellas" for human rights defenders suffering from financial problems caused by their role, run by PWS since June 2017, link here: https://www.facebook.com/kwoparasolki
4. Psychopogotowie - PsychoEmergency programme (psychological and psychiatric assistance for human rights defenders experiencing activists' burnout or/ and PTSD; national helpline number +48 511 345 740) run by PWS since November 2020, link here: https://www.facebook.com/ogolnopolskistrajkkobiet/posts/5507144872644799
5. Legal assistance programme for persons detained and arrested during demonstrations (in cooperation with local independent anti-rep collectives with local helplines nationwide, sponsored by PWS)
6. Antiburnout support group meeting and training programme for activists' of PWS and other organizations.
Nobody create moneybox for this whip-round yet or none of the moneyboxes have raised funds.
Our users created
740 711 whip-rounds